Wednesday, September 10, 2008

i remember

My Space Or Yours?.net




on the eve of September 11th, i just wanted to stop and think about that horrible day in 2001 when evil struck our lives and caused so much pain to so many people. i remember that morning so well. i normally would have been sleeping late that morning but, being pregnant with my first son, i had to get up early to go to the bathroom! i switched on the tv just after the first plane hit a tower...and was mesmerized for hours after. aside from the realization that hundreds of people were probably dead, i remember thinking how very afraid i was for the child i was carrying. how i just wanted to hold on to him forever inside me because the world is so crazy and dangerous. i loved my son from the day i found out i was pregnant, but that was the day i learned what real motherly love and protection was all about. i still feel that for both of my boys....every single day. in the weeks and months following that attack, we were consumed with charity and kindness...and most of all patriotism. sadly, we've lost alot of those feelings. most people "got over" it and slowly began to forget about helping others.....and stopped praying for our country. if ever there was a time that we need to start praying for grace, mercy, and protection for the United States, it's right now. of the two men wanting to be commander-in-chief of this country, one just scares the life out of me. a Muslim-raised man who has no morals or Christian values wants to occupy the highest office in our country and throngs of people support him in that mission. for the sake of our freedom and the safety of our kids please pray that God allows the man that He wants to win this election. tomorrow pray for the families of those victims who still miss their husbands, and wives, and mommies, and daddies. fly your flag proudly. and smile at a stranger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done!!!! I could not have said it any better. I am proud of you! I thank God every day that you are my wife and my kids mother. You make me very proud!